Friday, June 19, 2009

A day Visiting Friends.

Thursday, June 18

We spent the day doing projects around the boat. I got the dinghy out and attempted to repair the cover, it was torn. It is showing a lot of weathering, I am not sure how long it will last. I got the new flagstaff holder so we are ready to display a Canadian courtesy flag.









Diana got pictures of Memories docked at the yacht club and the White Lake Yacht Club.










Don’s parents came in today to visit for a few days. In 1991 when I went to the “E” Blue Chip regatta they lived just three blocks from the yacht club and they were nice enough to let me (and my crew) stay with them. I have not seen them since.

We had some special hot dogs, and Kim brought salad, we did a BBQ and at picnic style on the mid-deck of the boat, there were seven of us, Don’s parents, Kim, Don and son Erik. It was a beautiful evening to sit out on deck. After we ate we cleaned up quickly and then took the boat out for an hour tour of White Lake.

When we got back and secured we walked up to the Yacht Club and all had ice cream cone (for a buck). It was a great day and so nice to see old friends.

No comments: